Spaghetti Bolognese – A Simple & Easy Spaghetti Recipe
Food is the ultimate joy for almost all of us and when it comes to Italian food, I am sure it stirs the hearts of many including, me. Italian food is famous for many classic and delicious dishes one of which is spaghetti. Although, Pizza is the most famous Italian cuisine around the world but there are many, like me, who love to eat spaghetti more than anything else.
Where Pizza is high on calories, spaghetti seems a better choice. Despite that, spaghetti is comparatively easier to make at home. There is no complicated process involved in it and the outcome is almost always scrumptious.
The most luscious and mouth watering spaghetti recipe is Spaghetti Bolognese; it is a classic Italian dish that involves great ingredients which help in creating a jaw-dropping flavor.
Bolognese spaghetti is based upon delicious tomato sauce with the combination of garlic and natural herbs that gives this dish an extra punch. However, the fruitfulness of the dish can only be fully achieved when you say bye to all the ready-made sauces and make the whole thing from scratch.
Don’t worry we are here to make your kitchen experience easier for you, so we’d be telling you a simple spaghetti recipe that you can cook with even your eyes closed. The spaghetti Bolognese overall takes about 40-50 minutes to prepare, perfectly adjustable for dinner that you need to serve in less than an hour.
Although, wine is a key ingredient for Bolognese Spaghetti but to cater those who prefer non-alcoholic food, we have specially jotted down a recipe that is a treat for all such people. So, let’ snot waste anymore time now start with the recipe;
The Easy Peezy Way to Cook Scrumptious Spaghetti Bolognese
Ingredients For Sauce
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 500g lean minced beef or chicken
- 90g mushrooms, sliced
- 1tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 400g can tomatoes or freshly chopped tomatoes
- 300ml hot beef stock
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup or tomato purée
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 red Chili (Optional)
Ingredients For Serving
- 350g spaghetti
- freshly grated Parmesan
- Crushed Bread (Optional)
- Basil Leaves
Method of Cooking
- Take out a large pan and add olive oil, following the chopped onion into it. Fry the onion for about 3-4 minutes on a fairly high heat.
- Add some garlic and minced meat into the pan and fry them until they turn brown.
- Once the meet is brown, add the mushrooms and herbs that you have picked and keep on cooking for couple of more minutes.
- Now put in the tomatoes, beef stock, tomato puree or ketchup, chili and season it well.
- Bring the sauce to boil and reduce the heat a little. Cover it and let it simmer, occasionally, stirring it for about 30 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the separate pan, cook spaghetti in boiling and salted water, as per instructions mentioned on the packet. Drain them well and run hot water through it.
- Finally, put the spaghetti back into the pan and add a dash of olive oil in it. Now put in the meat sauce that you have prepared and stir in well to mix them, completely.
- Serve the spaghetti in the bowl of your choice, sprinkle the grated parmesan and crushed bread on it and dress it with basil leaves
I am certain that you will love the dish and would add it in your dinner or lunch menu, regularly. As it is simple, easy to cook and doesn’t take much of your time in the kitchen. So, serve this to your family and witness the satisfaction you provide them. However, if you want to add more depth into the dish then you can add 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce into the meat sauce and enhance the flavor even more.
Give your stomach a treat, try spaghetti!
Try the recipe and let us know with your views.